According to statisticbrain.com
, there are 645 million plus registered Twitter users, 289 million active Twitter users, 135,000 new Twitter users signing up every day and 9,100 tweets every second (which extrapolated amounts to 786 million, 240 thousand tweets every 24-hour period).
With all these people and all this activity on Twitter, could it be that you find yourself having the hardest time gaining followers? (I mean you only have 3 followers including your wife, mother and your back up Twitter account.) Hmm?
Here's a list to help you consider why...
13 Reasons Why People Aren't Following You on Twitter:
1. You're boring.
2. Your tweets stink.
3. You use cuss words (#bleep
4. You act like someone you're not (be yourself).
5. You #use #too #many #hashtags (#stop #it).
6. You aren't following like-minded individuals with the same interests (don't just follow randomly).
7. You're not following them first.
8. You haven't retweeted something of theirs.
9. You haven't tweeted them asking them to follow you.
10. You haven't complimented them about their bio, their tweets or something else that sets them apart.
11. You haven't thanked them for retweeting you.
12. You're not very active on Twitter (your Twitter stream is like looking for water in the Sahara Desert - credit Irene Tiedt
/ you tweet once in a blue moon
13. You tweet too much (your Twitter stream is like standing underneath Niagara Falls with your mouth open looking up).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
Labels: 13 reasons why people aren't following you on twitter, social media
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our Newsletter. Receive new posts delivered right to your inbox. Sign up here