Lightning fast read meant to make you think...
10 Mistakes People Make with Creating Slideshows (plus 1 bonus):
1. Make them too long (create too many slides).
2. Put too much text on a slide.
3. Get too complicated (simplify, simplify, simplify!).
4. Become paralyzed by perfectionism.
5. Don't realize how easy it is to create a slideshow using the free program OpenOffice Impress
(for an example of one I created using Impress, click the thumbnail picture above).
6. Forget to spend time studying other slideshows for ideas (check out slideshare.net
7. Forget to post their slideshows to slideshare.net
8. Don't realize they can use the embed code provided by slideshare.net
to embed their slideshows on their blog or website.
9. Don't include a link back to their blog or website inside the slideshow itself (click the thumbnail picture above and see Slide #43).
10. Haven't heard that slideshare.net
does not allow live links in the first three slides of a presentation.
BONUS Overlook that slideshows are a great way to recycle content (grab a blog post you've already written and turn it into a slideshow!).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
Labels: 10 mistakes lightning fast read series, creating slideshows