Lightning fast read meant to make you think...
10 Mistakes People Make with Ignorance (plus 1 bonus):
1. Think to be called "ignorant" is a pejorative
(it's not, at least in this article).
2. Don't think they are ignorant when they are.
3. Are unteachable (stuck in their ways?).
4. Are less than patient with those who are ignorant.
5. Don't allow the process of time for the ignorant to become educated.
6. Forget that every person was ignorant at one time on many subjects.
7. Overlook that the more that you know, the more you discover that you don't know ("the greater the coast of knowledge, the greater the ocean of ignorance").
("represent fictitiously") ignorance when they really do know what's going on (to "feign ignorance" equals lying).
9. Talk like a know-it-all on subjects that they have no clue about or have conjured up in their own mind.
10. Purposely keep others in the dark (don't tell them what's really going on) as a form of manipulation and to force compliance.
BONUS Hold to the myth that what you don't know can't hurt you (oh, believe me, it CAN hurt you alright ~ Pow!).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
Labels: 10 mistakes lightning fast read series, how not to be dumb, ignorance
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our Newsletter. Receive new posts delivered right to your inbox. Sign up here