Lightning fast read meant to make you think...
10 Mistakes People Make with Morals (plus 1 bonus):
1. Don't have any.
2. Are based on feelings ("if it feels good, it must be good").
3. Are based on wrong philosophy.
4. Require good morals of others, but allow themselves to "get away with it."
5. Say that those who point out immorality are "judging."
6. Only have it in certain areas while allowing/overlooking immorality in other areas.
7. Don't realize that bad company corrupts good morals.
8. Overlook that a sense of morality points to the existence of a Supreme Being.
9. Forget that the moral person doesn't need law; law is for the immoral person (/law breaker).
10. Operate immorally themselves (e.g. run stop signs, cheat on taxes, have pirated copies
of software on their computers, etc) while throwing a hissy fit, screaming to
high heaven when someone operates immorally in their direction.
BONUS Forget (or don't care) that their kids are watching (like parent, like child).
(Policeman picture file above is in the public domain: click here
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
Labels: lightning fast read series, morals
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our Newsletter. Receive new posts delivered right to your inbox. Sign up here