How to Add a Quote to An Image to Upload to Facebook and Pinterest
I want to show you how easy it is to add a quote to an image so you can post it to Facebook or upload it to Pinterest (and beyond).
One way to do it is by using the Draw program in OpenOffice. (To download OpenOffice for free, click here.)
Here’s how to use the OpenOffice Draw program to add a quote to an image...
How to Add a Quote to An Image to Upload to Facebook and Pinterest:
2. Save image to computer.
3. Choose a quote. (I like to use: http://www.brainyquote.com)
4. Copy and paste (or type) quote to your word processor.
5. Open OpenOffice Draw.
6. From the upper Menu bar, choose Insert > Picture > From File to insert your image file.
7. From the bottom Toolbar, choose Text (box), hold left click on image and drag text box across image, let left click go, then copy and paste (or type) quote into text box.
8. While holding Shift Key down, click text box, click image, let go of Shift Key, right click on image and click Group. This will group the text box and image together. (To ungroup objects, double left click on image.)
9. Next (and very important), click outside image in unused area of sheet, then right click on image, choose Convert, then To Bitmap.
10. Next (and very important as well), click outside image in unused area of sheet, then right click on image and choose Save as Picture.
11. Name your just created quote/image, then in the pull down box immediately below the name, choose png (Portable Network Graphic) file. Click Save.
12. Voila! You’ve created your quote image (I added three text boxes to the example above). Double click to view in your default picture viewer. Then post to Facebook or upload to Pinterest, etc.
TIP: The dimension that currently works best on Facebook is anything under 403 x 403. A great program to use to alter images is found at: http://www.picmonkey.com
|You might also be interested in: