10 Mistakes People Make that Costs Them Likes on Facebook (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make that Costs Them Likes on Facebook (plus 1 bonus):
1. Forget to include a Facebook "like" widget on their blog or website (see ours on the right).
2. Don't regularly comment and "like" other people's/pages' status updates.
3. Have never considered designating a day during the week where they encourage others to post their Facebook page url on their page so as to gain more exposure ("like" each other back and forth).
4. Overlook including their Facebook url (web address) in their email signature.
5. Overlook including their Facebook url (web address) on their printed (offline) media/advertising (use a QR/quick response code for mobile devices to access).
6. Overlook asking their Facebook friends to "like" their page.
7. Forget to cross promote via other social media platforms (e.g. invite your Twitter friends to "like" your page, etc).
8. Post lousy status updates.
9. Post too many status updates.
10. Post too little status updates (looks like nobody's home).
BONUS Don't offer something for free if a person "likes" their page (an idea on how to: My Secret to Getting "Likes" on Facebook).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: