7 Things to Remember About Mistakes (plus 1 bonus)
And, if you had your druthers (your own free choice or preference), you'd go back and fix your mistake. Right? You'd change what you did. You'd walk back away from that cliff ~ of the investment you made, the direction you chose, the person you hired / fired, the chance you took ~ whatever it was.
And if you had to do it all over again, you wouldn't do what you did. Right? You would do things differently.
I'd like to suggest that you do things differently NOW than you did in the past to avoid making the same mistake again. (Some people need to read that last sentence a couple of times and let it sink in as a means of evaluating their life.)
To go along with that, take to heart the following list which is meant to help you minimize the times you flub (make a mess of something)...
7 Things to Remember About Mistakes (plus 1 bonus):
1. You will make some from time to time (nobody's perfect).
2. You don't have to repeat them.
3. Some lessons can only be learned through mistakes (and no other way).
4. You just might be better off having made a mistake.
5. Some beat themselves up over their mistakes (don't do it).
6. Sometimes a mistake turns out to be a good thing.
7. Admitting mistakes is a sign of character.
BONUS: Go easy on others when they make a mistake since you're a mistake maker, too. :)
You might also be interested in: