7 Steps for Success When Buying a Home (Step 4)
1. Establish your needs and wants.
2. Determine how much you can afford.
3. Get pre-qualified or pre-approved by a lender.
Today I would like to share with you about the next and fourth step and its importance in your home purchase plan. Here it is...
STEP 4: FIND A GOOD REAL ESTATE AGENT TO HELP YOU
You can learn a lot about agents by just letting them talk to you about how they help their buyers. Within a few minutes, you will probably be able to determine if an agent’s style is in line with yours.
Ask as many questions as you can up front. Finding a good agent will save you huge amounts of time, effort, and frustration. Remember, a “buyer’s agent” is working for YOU!
Yes, Step 4 is short, but make no mistake how important it is!
In a few days I will follow up with some more blog posts that explain each of the other 7 Steps for Success When Buying a Home. The remaining three (#5 through 7) are:
- Find a home that meets your needs.
- Make an offer to buy a home.
- Save as much as you can on your initial investment.