10 Mistakes People Make with Incompetence (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Incompetence (plus 1 bonus):
1. Overlook it in themselves (how convenient), but not in others (no way).
2. Don't challenge others to rise above incompetence / excel.
3. Are quick to point it out (rarely show mercy).
4. See themselves as competent when they're just the opposite (Dunning-Kruger effect).
5. Refuse to be accountable so that they have a chance to overcome incompetence (have somebody in your life that is comfortable asking the tough questions and saying, "Now that was stupid of you").
6. Pass on their incompetence as competence.
7. Suppress the "incompetent" so they can rule over them.
8. Use disparaging words which reinforces incompetence ("You will never amount to anything").
9. Consider those who think differently than they do as incompetent (not necessarily true).
10. Judge someone's lack of ability as incompetence (some people are just not equipped to do certain things and may never be).
BONUS Consider the incompetent person as a dunce instead of a work in progress (do I need to say it again? → be merciful).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: