10 Mistakes People Make with Changes (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Changes (plus 1 bonus):
1. Refuse to submit to any ever ("stuck in their ways").
2. Think they are unusual / not normative (changes are normal; the human race changes every generation for example).
3. Don't plan on or prepare for it.
4. Forget changes can be good.
5. Forget changes can be bad, too.
6. Overlook there are always surprises that come with changes (things you are unable to predict).
7. Don't like changes.
8. Forget that things would get pretty boring/bland without any changes (what would we do without Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall?).
9. Overlook that the benefits of changing may not be seen overnight (immediately).
10. Overlook how certain people may get hostile if you suggest changing something that affects them.
BONUS Hear somebody offering "hope and change," but don't ask (consider) what kind of change.
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: