10 Mistakes People Make with Vacations (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Vacations (plus 1 bonus):
1. Don't plan for the unexpected (flight cancellations, sickness).
2. Don't live within their means.
3. Don't put away little by little so that they can afford that expensive trip.
4. Forget to bring important information along just in case there is an emergency.
5. Forget to leave someone in charge (of their home, etc) just in case there is an emergency.
6. Take out a loan to pay for one.
7. Always forget that one thing that you can't live without (make a list and check it off so you don't).
8. Are so "cheap" the vacation is a miserable experience.
9. Don't consider planning a vacation in the off season (e.g. go to Disneyland in the winter and miss the spring, summer, fall crowds).
10. Forget the memories generated when you go away with friends or family, etc (they last forever).
BONUS Overlook the investment and savings gained in owning a vacation home.
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: