10 Mistakes People Make with Impressions (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Impressions (plus 1 bonus):
1. Judge a book by its cover.
2. Forget that you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
3. Dismiss an impression (sometimes you're right).
4. Never scrutinize an impression.
5. Overly contemplate others impressions of them (perceived and/or real).
6. Forget the tiniest detail which can make all the difference.
7. Overlook how easy it is to be guilty by association (see picture).
8. Don't give people the benefit of the doubt (you've had a bad day before, too).
9. Require people to be exactly like them.
10. Manipulate to communicate a false impression.
BONUS Allow other people's wrong impression of them to either control them or go without response/refute/rebuke.
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: