10 Mistakes People Make with Regrets (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Regrets (plus 1 bonus):
1. Overlook that all people have at least one (regret: to feel sorrow or remorse for an act, fault, disappointment, etc; to think with a sense of loss).
2. Wait until their death bed to consider regrets.
3. Figure they can't fix it so why even try? (not true).
4. Don't realize it takes a change of mindset to erase regrets (watch "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens on YouTube for help).
5. Put off reconciling the wrongs they've committed with their words (go and say you're sorry).
6. Put off reconciling the wrong they've committed with their actions (again, go and say you're sorry and consider making restitution).
7. Don't forgive those who have regrets as it has to do with their relationship with them (release them so you can be free, too).
8. Don't realize they are personally causing regrets in others (especially their loved ones and friends, etc) by the way they're living their lives.
9. Blame others for their own regrets and failings.
10. Overlook that it's not so much about having no regrets as much as it is about nurturing the ability to reconcile regrets.
BONUS Forget to live their lives so that at their last breath they'll be able to say, "I have no regrets."
(Regret over inaction picture above in the public domain: click here.)
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: