10 Mistakes People Make with Sports (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Sports (plus 1 bonus):
1. Become overly consumed by a sport either playing or following.
2. Overlook the positive aspects (e.g. teamwork learned).
3. Are unwilling to acknowledge the injury potential (e.g. concussions in football).
4. Wear inadequate equipment.
5. Poo poo the escapism it provides (everyone needs to "get away" from real life once in a while).
6. Forget to stretch prior to playing sports.
7. Dismiss that good character off the field is just as important as good character on the field.
9. Expect to be good on game day when they neglect practice during the week.
10. Forget that pride comes before a fall in sports, too.
BONUS Overlook that losing can be the greatest teacher of all.
(Golf picture in the public domain: click here.)
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: