10 Mistakes People Make with Firing People (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Firing People (plus 1 bonus):
1. Are afraid to because of an intimidating employee.
2. Drop the ax to swiftly.
3. Go on hearsay.
4. Don't allow a second chance before doing so.
5. Forget mercy.
6. Yell and scream.
7. Fire the wrong person.
8. Don't explain the "why" behind the firing to the rest of the staff (helps to allay/put to rest rumors).
9. Forget to allow emotions to cool prior to.
10. Overlook the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
BONUS Become duped by and go along with a group of employees looking to oust a coworker.
(3D Employee Empowerment via Chris Potter; CC BY 2.0)
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: