10 Mistakes People Make with Second Chances (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Second Chances (plus 1 bonus):
1. Never offer any.
2. Give too many.
3. Think there isn't a second chance possibility for them (only for others).
4. Take advantage since they know they will receive one.
5. Promise they will change knowing they full well don't intend to.
6. Promise they will change but they have no power to.
7. Expect second chances for themselves while offering zero to none to others.
8. Forget that a second chance requires a change of direction.
9. Throw away their second chance because they stumbled along the way (get up, brush yourself off and keep going).
10. Throw up their hands when a person stumbles in their recovery.
BONUS Overlook that accountability (answering to another person or group) goes along way to strengthen one's ability to break bad habits.
(Flickr picture via Leland Francisco / CC BY 2.0)
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: