10 Mistakes People Make with Busyness (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Busyness (plus 1 bonus):
1. Are not clear on what it is (dictionary.com defines busyness as "lively but meaningless activity").
2. Equate busyness with productivity (not always the case).
3. Find their security in busyness.
4. Use it to bury their sorrows.
5. Use it to avoid facing the truth (e.g. your business is failing).
6. Use it as a replacement for a loss.
7. Don't realize the damage busyness can do to relationships (e.g. no time for the family).
8. Overlook its similarity to a drug addiction (i.e. a workaholic is addicted to being "as busy as a bee").
9. Forget that constant busyness without regular breaks can adversely affect a person's health.
10. Don't realize that some use busyness to compensate for a lack in personal self-worth (the more work they do, the more they feel better about themselves).
BONUS Don't realize its relationship to perfectionism (perfectionists tend/lean towards "busyness" - let it go).
(Bee via pixabay)
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: