10 Mistakes People Make with a New Year (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with a New Year (plus 1 bonus):
1. Think a change of a day on the calendar means anything (it's just a change of a day on the calendar, nothing more, nothing less).
2. Think a change of a day on the calendar changes a person (it doesn't; a person is the same on January 1st that he or she was on December 31st).
3. Forget that it can be a great time to start off fresh.
4. Don't take the time to plan ahead so that they can start off fresh (and hit the ground running).
5. Stay stuck in the rut they were in last year.
6. Continue to live in the past (you can't change the past, but you can choose to not let it control your future).
7. Forget the hope a new year represents.
8. Overlook that there will be ups and downs as there are with any year (there is no such thing as smooth sailing with no storms).
9. Think that it (a new year) will be different even though they don't make any changes (Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results).
10. Don't realize that a complete overhaul in a new year can be a set up for failure (take little steps).
BONUS Wait for January 1st to make changes (makes changes now! - a new year can start today).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: