10 Mistakes People Make with Blog and Website Traffic (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Blog and Website Traffic (plus 1 bonus):
1. Overlook that some of it comes from ghost spam and web crawlers.
2. Neglect SEO (optimizing for Google, Yahoo, etc).
3. Don't realize that many are paying for traffic (if you have a lot of money, you can get a lot of traffic).
4. Haven't considered that 1 click may be worth 100 clicks if the 1 click is your target audience while the 100 clicks is not.
5. Think that getting website traffic is easy, should be easy and that you shouldn't have to work hard to get and maintain it (wrong).
6. Don't understand there is an ebb and flow (some days will be high, some days will be low).
7. Are oblivious to how long it took even the best of bloggers to gain a foothold on significant website traffic.
8. Overlook how the purchasing of ad space on Google and/or the primary position in particular Google searches will greatly enhance website traffic.
9. Forget the importance of great content to attract.
10. Don't invest enough time building a presence (and audience) on social media sites to make themselves known.
BONUS Write poor headlines and then wonder why no one clicks (The One Mistake That, If Corrected, Will Get People to Read Your Blog Post Every Time).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: